Nigerian pharmacy staff steal drugs from their employers.

“I had to reduce my outlets to one so that I could monitor it well. I used to have seven attendants but I found that they used to resume as early as 6am to sell drugs and pocket the money. In some other cases, they would stock polythene bags with drugs and take them away. “At a point, they even made it a competition to determine which of them was the smartest. The bubble burst when a quarrel broke out among them and one of them exposed the others as they argued over the sharing formula of the proceeds from their loots.

“They were all school certificate holders and were being paid N5000 monthly. But when I realised that they had been pilferring my drugs, I sent them away. After all, they were not making any technical input to the business.”

Nigeria is famous the world over for online scams, this is an interesting report on what goes on in it's local retail pharmacies.

No comments:

Post a Comment