More Anti-steroid propaganda from Australia.

Security guard Darren Sweeney once gave into the temptation of using steroids to help gain more muscle tone.

‘‘I was on a diet and managed to lose 43kilograms but I was still a bit flabby around my stomach. I wanted something to help tighten up a bit so I tried steroids for about four months,’’ he said.

The then 23-year-old gained 10 kilograms of muscle within two months but it came at a price.

‘‘I had constant muscle pain in my forearms and was more aggressive,’’ Mr Sweeney said.

Now 38, Mr Sweeney agreed steroid use had significantly increased among young men wanting to bulk up quickly.

‘‘I’ve seen kids as young as 15 [using steroids],’’ he said.

‘‘Basically they are just wanting to look good in front of their mates and girls.’’

The most visible sign is severe acne on the back and tricep muscles. Mr Sweeney, who now uses herbal supplements, said steroids were widely available ‘‘if you know the right people’’.

‘‘For something like Sustanon 250, I’ve heard you can pay between $180 to $200 for a 10millilitre ampoule,’’ he said.

‘‘The real worry is these kids don’t know what they are doing to themselves.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment