Gay Games welcomes drug using bodybuilders.

My name is Dustin Robertson, 34, aka Aviddiva. I’m 6 feet tall, 225 pounds. I’ve competed in bodybuilding as a hobby for many years. What I enjoy most about competing is the discipline.

Getting into condition forces me to take my body the entire way down to my lowest body fat percentage. It feels great and it’s always fun to show off all my hard work in the gym. I can’t wait to show off my muscle on the dance floor at the opening party of the Gay Games. This will be my first Gay Games. I’m excited to meet other gay athletes from around the world.

At one point, I canceled my trip after the Gay Games wrote to explain that they would be drug testing for bodybuilding. I wouldn’t pass these drug tests, as I am a competitive bodybuilder who does use steroids and supplements, as do my competitors here in the U.S. within the division in which I compete.

I am scheduled to compete before in LA at the NPC Los Angeles Bodybuilding Competition on July 24 where they do not test for drugs. After canceling my plans to compete at the Gay Games, I got a call from the Gay Games saying they had successfully petitioned to make a separate category for visiting competitors for those bodybuilders who would not pass the drug tests. So my trip is back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment