Australian football player tests positive for Deca.

19-year-old East Perth footballer Dean Cadwallader was drug tested when he was a member of the 2010 WA state squad that played Victoria in May. Cadwallader was first stood down by East Perth when the club was notified that an "A" sample had tested positive to the anabolic steroid Nandrolone. This was revealed two weeks later on July 5, 2010, when a "B" sample also returned positive.

Flanked by East Perth coach Tony Micale and General Manager Alex Wilson, Dean Cadwallader fronted a press conference at Subiaco Oval on July 5, 2010. Reading from a prepared statement, he said: “I’d like to apologise to my family, my teammates, the East Perth Football Club and its staff, its members and our supporters. There is no excuse. I’ve made a huge mistake and I’m going to pay a heavy price for that mistake. I only hope that I can come back to the game in the future and make a positive contribution." It was a dramatic fall from grace for the pacy young midfielder who had attracted interest from AFL clubs shortly after making his league debut for the Royals in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment