British Rugby player admits to HGH use.

Terry Newton issued this statement via Hattons Solicitors:

"I can confirm that following a test by UK Anti-Doping on November 24 2009 I received notification of a positive test for a self-administered growth hormone on February 17, 2010. I have formally accepted via my solicitors the findings of the UKAD and consequent punishment that I will receive.

"I wish to formally apologise to my family, friends, colleagues and staff at Wakefield Trinity Wildcats, the club's supporters and the game of rugby league.

"I would like to thank the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats for their understanding of the position at this time. Whilst they are extremely upset at my actions, they have been very professional in their handling of the situation.

"I have made a grave error of judgment in taking a banned substance and hope that, if nothing else, my stupidity will be a warning to any other professional in any sport of the consequences of doing so. I support the work done by the Rugby Football League in association with the World Anti Doping Association.

"I would ask that my privacy be respected at this time which obviously is distressing for my family and I."

No comments:

Post a Comment