Lawsuit: Legal muscle-building supplements can damage the liver.

For some people, working out isn’t just about staying in shape – it’s about building muscle and getting bigger. And inside gyms around the country, body builders talk to each other about how to get results fast.

"That’s how I heard about it – word of mouth in the gym. Everybody is on it. This is the going thing right now. It is working," Heath Stevison said.
So in June, Stevison started taking M-Drol, a dietary supplement he bought over the Internet.

"I took this stuff off the Internet – supposedly legal – just trying to get big, look a little better, and now I’m laying in a hospital bed looking at a transplant," Stevison said.
He was there for 11 days. Stevison said his eyes were turning yellow and he constantly suffered from fatigue. After a series of tests, doctors determined his liver was shutting down.

"It aggravated me because there were no warnings about how it could shut down my liver. There was nothing about liver damage, anything. If it would have had the proper warnings on there, I wouldn’t have took it," Stevison said.

No comments:

Post a Comment