Interesting new doping interview with Victor Conte from BALCO.

Asked how many of those who reach the 100 metres semi-finals at the London Games could have used performance-enhancing substances in his opinion, Conte said: "I will use the term 'overwhelming majority'.

"I will not say at the competition there were drugs in their system while competing. But during the previous year, at some point during their preparation for this final, with the top-16 two semi-final races, I still believe the majority of athletes will have used some sort of prohibited substance or method."


It's a cat-and-mouse game and maybe I am the self-proclaimed greatest mouse who ever lived," said Conte, speaking with the clinical authority of a pharmacist reeling off scientific facts and studies at a rapid pace.

"But I know how the mice think. That is what I did for a number of years -- find out where the loopholes were and how to circumvent and defeat their policies and procedures.

"I was able to do it successfully for a number of years. I think that ironically qualifies me to make a contribution."

No comments:

Post a Comment