Indian weightlifter disputes positive test result.

Dope-tainted lifter Shailaja Pujari, who is facing a life ban after flunking a National Anti-Doping Agency test recently, today pleaded her innocence.

Shailaja, who competes in 75kg category, was found by the NADA positive for an anabolic steroid.

"I have not done anything wrong. I tested negative on August 28. But the experts know how long the anabolic steroids remain in the body. So, I am ready to give my samples again," Shailaja said here.

The lifter also said that she was yet to receive the report of the latest NADA test and planning to approach Union Sports Minister M S Gill as well as Indian Olympic Association President Suresh Kalmadi upon receiving the same.

"I was told that the report has been sent to me, but have not received that so far," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment