Latest British anti-steroid propaganda.

News story from the BBC entitled "More Asian Teens Using Steroids" ( In England the term 'Asian' normally refers to people from Pakistan, India etc rather than it's US meaning of those from China, Vietnam, Korea etc ).

The highlights are below :-

"Needle exchange centres in Luton have also reported a significant increase in Asian men using their services. They said 84% of Asians visiting them take steroids."

Which is of course far better than them using 'real' drugs isn't it ? I'm glad to hear they are being responsible and making use of needle exchanges.

"They do work, that's what we are up against - we can't argue, we have to accept they do work."

Maybe one day they will start to admit that they are relatively safe too.

"They don't see it as drug use they see it as a supplement to training regime. They will often go into a shop thinking you can buy them over the counter."

What kind of shop would that be ? I thing most people in the UK know they have to buy them on the blackmarket.

"The practice around here is people who sell it will give them the first few injections."

Sounds to me like the dealers may be older guys trying to meet younger asian men :-)

"I think if I stopped I wouldn't feel as good or great about myself. A lot of girls come to you and look at your biceps - it can be quite flattering at times," said Abu. If I don't train I get depressed, I don't feel as good. When I train I feel happy."

I hope in the future the powers that be will realise that most AS users are healthier and happier than their non using peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment