Injection infection story.

While researching what other steroid blogs are out there I found this post entitled "Confessions of a Steroid Monster", by a guy called Brian Cuban. It's about his steroid use in the late 90's, the abscess that nearly cost him a leg and is a reminder to us all of how important sterile gear and proper injecting techniques are.

"The recovery was brutal. The infected area was so large that when I was discharged after a week they had inserted a tube in my body entering through my collarbone all the way down to the infected area. I had these little ball shaped containers of antibiotics that I would attach on the exposed side of the tube. It would pump strong antibiotics directly to the infected area. It was gross and painful. I eventually made a full recovery. They however cut so much muscles out of my left leg that today I can stick my finger halfway through leg in the scar area. It will still numb up in that area if i exert too much."

No comments:

Post a Comment